Wallace Professor of Biomedical Research and chair of the Department of Comparative Medicine at Yale School of Medicine, studied the effect of natural and surgical deliveries on mitochondrial uncoupling protein 2 (UCP2) in mice.
What does UCP2 stand for?
UCP2 stands for Uncoupling Protein 2
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Upper Core Plate
- Upstream Connectivity Pointer
- Urethane Coated Plywood
- Use Case Point
- User Control Panel
- Utility Communications Panel
- Utility Computer Program
- Utility Computing Provider
- Utilization Control Panel
- Uncoupling Protein1 (in mitochondria of brown adipose tissue)
- Uncoupling Protein 3
- Uniform Customs and Practice (guide)
- Un Coup Par An
- Unborn Child Pain Awareness Act (abandoned bill)
- Unfair Competition Prevention Act (law)
- Union Cycliste du Pays d'Argentan (French cycling union)
- Union Nationale des Centres Sportifs de Plein Air (French: Summer Outdoor Activities)
- United Cerebral Palsy Association
- University Career Planning Association
- University Counselling and Placement Association
Samples in periodicals archive:
To do so, they created a mouse model that produced large quantities of uncoupling protein 2 in hypocretin neurons in the lateral hypothalamus, which is near the preoptic area.
Studies have indicated that a subo stance called uncoupling protein 2 (UCP2), which is also secreted by pancreatic cells, reduces how much insulin is produced.
The gene, described in the March Nature Genetics, encodes a molecule that researchers have dubbed uncoupling protein 2, or UCP2.