He gives examples of topics that he has approached critically: practice aspects such as unconditional positive regard, boundaries, assessment, eclecticism, short-term counseling, counselor self-disclosure, ethics, and empathy; training and curriculum issues like the necessity for training, who is suitable to be a counselor, whether men should be counselors, the trainee's personal therapy, core theoretical models, the relationship of theory to practice, whether universities are the best training sites, how necessary psychology is to counseling, and expansion of the field as an academic subject; and theories of practice, such as psychoanalytic therapy and the person-centered approach.
What does UPR stand for?
UPR stands for Unconditional Positive Regard
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of UPR
We have 58 other meanings of UPR in our Acronym Attic
- Uniform Peanut Performance Test (US Department of Agriculture)
- Uttar Pradesh Petroleum Traders Association (trade union; India)
- Uplink Pilot Time Slot
- Unindexed Powder Pattern of the Week (diffraction)
- Uninterruptible Power Quality (Power Innovations International)
- Unrestricted Polar Quantization
- Unified Power Quality Conditioner
- Upper Peninsula Quarter Horse Association
- United Professionals for Quality Health Care (Wisconsin)
- Unified Power Quality Index (electricity)
- Unearned Premium Reserve (insurance)
- unfolded protein response
- Unia Polityki Realnej (Polish political party)
- Uniform Progress Report (US government)
- Union for Progress and Renewal (Guinea)
- Union Pacific Railroad
- Union Patronale Régionale (French: Regional Employers' Union; France)
- Union Populaire pour la République (French: People's Union for the Republic, Central African Republic)
- Union Populaire Républicaine (French political party)
- Unit Performance Record
Samples in periodicals archive:
Gita paused to reflect, with aroha and unconditional positive regard, on the part Florence Nightingale played in this refusal to accept Mrs Seacole.
This concept of radical grace may be likened to Carl Rogers's theoretical tenet of unconditional positive regard, the healing dynamic of grace incarnated in humans for each other.
The therapist is non-judgmental, communicating warmth and unconditional positive regards.
The counselor, working from the basic core qualities of genuineness, unconditional positive regard and empathy (Corey, 2005) would appear to be well prepared to foster these recommendations; however, examination of the counselors' own beliefs is necessary, as well as making a commitment to unlearn any internalized prejudice.
To suggest otherwise would reflect a failure to display unconditional positive regard for one's clients and the decisions they make.
To stay in Love's orbit, we must practice unconditional positive regard for our partner; loving them even when they reveal their dark side to us, as we hope they will love us through revealing ours.
The fundamental Rogerian practices of expressing unconditional positive regard, displaying genuineness, and demonstrating empathic understanding are particularly important to diminishing counterproductive effects of cultural mistrust in African Americans with disabilities.