The axial field design eliminates cogging torque and unbalanced magnetic pull that in turn helps to reduce friction loss of the bearing, vibration and acoustic noise.
What does UMP stand for?
UMP stands for Unbalanced Magnetic Pull (machinery)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of UMP
We have 108 other meanings of UMP in our Acronym Attic
- U-Shape Metal Oxide Semiconductor Field Effect Transistor
- Unified Mechanism of Travel (urban travel model)
- Using and Managing Object Technologies
- United Methodist Office for the United Nations
- United Mothers Opposing Violence Everywhere
- Unbekannte Musiker Ohne Zukunft (German: Unknown Musicians Without a Future)
- Ugly Mental Picture
- Ultra Mobile Platform (Intel)
- Umpire (sports)
- Unaccompanied Minor Program
- Uncertainty Management Plan
- Unified Membership Program (state Libertarian parties)
- Uniformly Mixing Pollutants (environmental economics)
- Uniformly Most Powerful
- Uninsured Motorist Protection (Dollar Rent A Car)
- Union Motocycliste Pyrénéenne (French: Pyrenean Motorcycling Union)
- Union of Moderate Parties (Vanuatu)
- Union pour la Majorité Présidentielle (French: Union for Presidential Majority, Djibouti)
- Union pour un Mouvement Populaire (French: Union for a Popular Movement)
- Union pour un Mouvement Populaire (French: Union for A Popular Movement, political party)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The axial field design eliminates cogging torque and unbalanced magnetic pull that in turn helps to reduce friction lossof the bearing, vibration and acoustic noise.
As a consequence of these interactions, strong unbalanced magnetic pull forces appear between the stator and rotor, which act upon the parts of the motor bringing them into an oscillation state.