Chapters discuss the development of the profession and ethics guidelines by bar and paralegal associations, unauthorized practice of law, direct provision of legal services by nonlawyers, confidentiality, conflicts of interest, marketing of legal services, financial relations with clients and lawyers, competence and malpractice, professionalism, and issues of working as a paralegal in a law firm environment.
What does UPL stand for?
UPL stands for Unauthorized Practice of Law
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of UPL
We have 84 other meanings of UPL in our Acronym Attic
- University Press of Kentucky (est. 1969; Lexington, KY)
- User Productivity Kit (Oracle)
- Unit Pengelola Keuangan Desa (financial institution; Area Development Project in Nusa Tenggara; World Bank; Indonesia)
- Udruga Pokretnih Komunikacija Hrvatske (Croatian: Croatian Association of Mobile Communications Providers)
- United Pasokmomogun Kadazandusun Murut Organization (Malaysia, political party)
- Unit Pemimpin Kemajuan Rakyat (Indonesian: Unit Leader Progress People)
- Ukraine Premier League (football)
- Un-equal Packet Loss
- Unacceptable Pollutant Level
- Uncovered Portion of the Lunate
- Undergraduate Projects Lab (UW-Madison Computer Science Department)
- Unfunded Priority List
- Uniform Person Locator
- Unión del Pueblo Leonés (Spain)
- Union Populaire Locale (Wallis and Futuna)
- Uniontown Public Library (Pennsylvania)
- Unit Prevention Leader
- Unit Price List
- United Phosphorus Ltd. (various locations)
Samples in periodicals archive:
This year also saw the re-emergence of the unauthorized practice of law applied to online services when the Pennsylvania Unauthorized Practice of Law Committee issued Opinion 2010-01.
Both argued, among other matters, that the hearings were nullities because their former employers had participated in the unauthorized practice of law through being represented by nonattorneys.
He served as chairman of the Utah State Bar Fee Arbitration Committee as well as chairman of the Unauthorized Practice of Law Committee for the Utah State Bar.
The Supreme Court of Ohio is also stepping up enforcement, and has issued a substantial number of new opinions imposing sanctions for the unauthorized practice of law (UPL).