11b standard, the others that fall into these six categories: * Rogue access points * Interception and unauthorized monitoring of wireless traffic * Jamming * Client-to-client attacks * Brute force attacks against access point passwords * Misconfigurations Rogue Access Points Insertion attacks happen when hackers use unauthorized devices to create new wireless networks without going through proper procedure.
What does UM stand for?
UM stands for Unauthorized Monitoring
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
See other definitions of UM
We have 16 other meanings of UM in our Acronym Attic
- Air Zimbabwe (airline code)
- Micrometer (Micron, 1x10^-6 SI meters; Greek Letter Mu (µ), not u)
- UARS Missions (NASA)
- Ulkoasiainministeriö/Utrikesministeriet (Ministry for Foreign Affairs of Finland)
- Ultimate Muscle (video game)
- Ultimortal (comic strip)
- Umbria Mobilità (Italian public transport company)
- Unable to Maintain
- Unaccompanied Minor
- Unacknowledged Mode (telecommunications)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Potential cyberattacks include denial of service, malicious software, unauthorized monitoring, and disclosure of sensitive information," the report states.