By examining eight of the best-performing water utilities in Asia, Good practices in Urban Water Management concludes that a low rate of unaccounted for water (UFW) is critical for efficient service delivery.
What does UFW stand for?
UFW stands for Unaccounted for Water (water distribution network)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of UFW
We have 3 other meanings of UFW in our Acronym Attic
- Universidade Federal de Viçosa (Federal University of Viçosa-Brazil)
- University of the Fraser Valley (Canada)
- User Friendly Version
- United Female Veterans of America (Aberdeen, MD)
- University Film and Video Association
- User Functional Value Added
- University Film and Video Foundation
- University of Florida Veterinary Medical Center (Gainesville, FL)
- Ukrainian Fashion Week (Kiev, Ukraine)
- Unabhängige und Freie Wählergemeinschaft (German: Independent Voters and Free Community; Germany)
- Uncomplicated Firewall (Linux)
- Unfed Female Weight
- United Factory Warehouse
- United Farm Workers (union)
- Universal File Writer (computer programming)
- United Farm Women of Alberta (Canada)
- United Farm Workers of America
- United Furniture Workers of America (est. 1937)
- Unofficial Football World Championships
- United Front Work Department
Samples in periodicals archive:
[ILLUSTRATION OMITTED] The Burstfinder software has helped water utility companies with leakage detection and repair activities, resolution of problem networks and location of leakage, and other forms of unaccounted for water.
Unaccounted for water rates are around 50%, mostly as a result of pipe leakage but also through illegal connections.
The Warren Water District was praised for its extra work in meeting the Water Management Act standard of 10 percent unaccounted for water and/or being one of the first systems to electronically submit water-quality monitoring data to the DEP, and having a well-run residential cross connection control program.