In this article, we describe the circumstances and needs of unaccompanied refugee minors (URMs).
What does URM stand for?
URM stands for Unaccompanied Refugee Minor (children who have come to the United states seeking some type of legal relief)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of URM
We have 43 other meanings of URM in our Acronym Attic
- UniDirectional Link Detection (Cisco)
- Unilateral Recurrent Laryngeal Nerve Paralysis
- Uniform Resource Locator of the Day (site of the day)
- Ukrainian Rural Livelihoods Programme
- Uniform Resource Locator Position Manager (SearchUp, Inc.)
- Universities Rugby League Queensland (Australia)
- Ultrafast Raman Loss Spectroscopy
- Update Resume/Leave Town
- Uniform Residential Landlord and Tenant Act
- Your Letter (US Navy)
- Undergraduate Research and Mentoring (various locations)
- Underrepresented Minority
- Unidad Residencial Montserrat (Madrid, Spain)
- Unified Records Management
- Unified Relationship Matrix (computing)
- Unified Resource Management
- Union Rescue Mission (Los Angeles, CA)
- Universal Recovery Methodology
- Universal Retention Mechanism
- Universal Router Module (Cisco)
Samples in periodicals archive:
This was clearly evident in the decision not to renew a federal grant by the Department of Health and Human Services to the bishops' Migration and Refugee Services for its human trafficking program because it would not provide the full range of reproductive services, including abortion and contraception, to human trafficking victims and unaccompanied refugee minors.
20) As an unaccompanied (21) foreign national child victim of human trafficking, Jacqueline qualified for and was accepted into the Unaccompanied Refugee Minor (URM) Program.
Also on the website, tickets can be bought and donated back to the organization, which will use them for concertgoers from three groups in Worcester: Abby's House, the Refugee Apostolate and the Unaccompanied Refugee Minor Program.
They know they have to learn English, but they're more excited about the guitar," said Catharine Landrigan, clinical social worker for the Unaccompanied Refugee Minor Program.