32) Senator Edward Kennedy, co-sponsor of the Unaccompanied Alien Child Protection Act of 2001 (Kids Act), recognized that transnational migration of unaccompanied minors occurs for a variety of reasons.
What does UAC stand for?
UAC stands for Unaccompanied Alien Child (US Citizenship and Immigration Services; US DHS)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of UAC
We have 175 other meanings of UAC in our Acronym Attic
- United All Breed Registry (West Plains, MO)
- University of Auckland Business Review (New Zealand)
- University of Aberdeen Business School (Aberdeen, Scotland, UK)
- Unmanned Aerial Base Station (drones)
- Unstoppable Artists Business School (New York)
- Ukrainian Association of Business Support Centres (Ukraine)
- University of Alabama at Birmingham School of Optometry
- United Agricultural Benefit & Trust (est. 1983; California)
- University of Arkansas Board of Trustees
- Umbilical Arterial Catheter
- Unaltered Augsburg Confession (Lutheran Church; est. 1530)
- Unassigned Channel (AT&T)
- Undergraduate Affairs Committee (various schools)
- Underwater Acoustic Communications
- Unemployment Appeals Commission
- Ungooroo Aboriginal Corporation, Inc (Australia)
- Unidad de Análisis de la Conducta (Spanish: Behavior Analysis Unit)
- Unified Army Corps
- Uniform Annual Cost
- Uninterrupted Air Conditioner (electrical air conditioner)
Samples in periodicals archive:
ORR is charged with ensuring that the interests of the child are considered in decisions and actions relating to the care and custody of an unaccompanied alien child, making and implementing placement determinations, implementing policies with respect to children's care, encouraging the use of the refugee foster care system whenever possible, conducting inspections of facilities and other entities in which unaccompanied children reside, and compiling and updating lists of qualified professionals who provide guardian and attorney representation services for unaccompanied children.
Entitled the Unaccompanied Alien Child Protection Act of 2001, (23) this much-needed legislation would achieve a number of goals designed to break the inherent conflict of interest that leaves the Service with the dual functions of custodial care and law enforcement responsibilities.