The Commission said the line into Brooke's stomach may have penetrated her liver and has told the hospital to review policies and guidelines concerning the use of such umbilical venous catheter (UVC) lines.
What does UVC stand for?
UVC stands for Umbilical Venous Catheter
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of UVC
We have 42 other meanings of UVC in our Acronym Attic
- Ultraviolet B
- Union Volksbank Vöcklamarkt (Austrian soccer club)
- Unterduck-Verdampfer-Brunnen (system used to treat contaminated groundwater)
- Uterine Venous Blood
- Upper Valley Business and Education Partnership (Hanover, NH)
- Umbilical Vein Blood Flow
- United Veterans Beacon House (Pennsylvania)
- Ultraviolet Bremsstrahlung Isochromat Spectroscopy
- Un-precoded Vertical Bell Laboratories Layered Space-Time Architecture
- Ultraviolet C
- Uniform Vehicle Code
- Unit Variable Cost
- Unit Voting Counselor
- Universal Virtual Computer
- Universal Viscosity Curve
- Universal Voice Channel
- Urban Voice in Comics (magazine)
- USB Video Class
- Uniform Victims of Crime Act (drafted 1992 by National Conference of Commissioners on Uniform State Laws)
- Utah Volleyball Coaches Association
Samples in periodicals archive:
As part of routine care, we positioned an umbilical venous catheter (UVC) and checked the correct position of its tip in the inferior vena cava by chest x-ray.