Ranger 2 calculates the position of a subsea target by measuring the range and bearing from a vessel-mounted Ultra-Short BaseLine (USBL) transceiver to an acoustic transponder on the target.
What does USBL stand for?
USBL stands for Ultra-Short Baseline (acoustic positioning system)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of USBL
- United Space Boosters Inc.
- United States Bancorp Investments, Inc. (Minneapolis, MN)
- University of Stellenbosch Bellville Park Campus Information Centre (South Africa)
- US Billing Inc.
- United States Business and Industry Council (business advocacy group; Washington, DC)
- Universal Serial Bus Implementors Forum
- United States Basic Income Guarantee Network
- United States and Britain in Prophecy (book)
- United States Bilateral Investment Treaty
- United States Bone and Joint Decade
- Uniform Straight Bill of Lading (shipping)
- United States Basketball League
- US Backgammon League
- United States Bureau of Land Management
- United States Business Leadership Network
- United States Bureau of Labor Statistics
- Unité de Sauvetage Brome-Missisquoi (First Rescue)
- United States Black Metal (music genre)
- United States Bureau of Mines
- United States Bureau of Morality (fictitious, Orwellian government agency)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The system calculates the position of a subsea target by measuring the range and bearing from a vessel-mounted transceiver to an acoustic transponder on the target, a technique known as Ultra-Short BaseLine (USBL) positioning.