Saudi Kayan signed a MoU with SABIC's subsidiary Petrokemya to construct an ultra-high molecular weight polyethylene (UHMWPE) project with a total annual production capacity of 35,000 mtpa.
What does UHMP stand for?
UHMP stands for Ultra-High Molecular Weight Polyethylene (chemical compound)
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of UHMP
- Urban Housing Management (Institute for Housing and Urban Development Studies; Netherlands)
- Underfloor Heating Manufacturers Association (UK)
- University of Helsinki Multicomponent Aerosol (aerosol dynamics model; Finland)
- Unsung Hero Music Archive
- University Hospitals of Morecambe Bay (UK National Health Service)
- UMIST (University of Manchester Institute of Science and Technology) Hiking and Mountaineering Club (UK)
- United Hospital Medical Center (Port Chester, NY)
- Upper Hill Medical Centre (Kenya)
- University of Hawaii Meteorology
- Upper Half Mean Length
- University Hospitals Medical Practices
- Ultra High Molecular Polyethylene
- Ultra High Magnification Radiography
- Undersea and Hyperbaric Medical Society
- University of Hartford Magnet School (Hartford, CT)
- Usvathun Hasana Muslim Sangam (Indian religious association)
- Undersea and Hyperbaric Medical Society - Great Lakes Chapter
- Ultra-High Molecular Viscosity
- Ultra High Molecular Weight
- Ultra High Molecular Weight Polyethylene
Samples in periodicals archive:
Spectra fiber is made from ultra-high molecular weight polyethylene using a patented gel-spinning process.
Among the topics are the biology of implant wear, anatomy of the hip and suitable prostheses, orthopedic implant materials and design, the wear phenomena of ultra-high molecular weight polyethylene joints, wear phenomena of metal and ceramic joints, the influence of surgical techniques on implant wear, the diagnosis and surveillance of orthopedic implants, and predicting wear.
Ultra-high molecular weight polyethylene (UHMW-PE), best known for use in high-stress machine construction and filter technology parts, is also manufactured into exceptionally thin, high performance films.
5 cm cubes of orthopedic-grade ultra-high molecular weight polyethylene that are well suited for measurements of cross-link density by a new ASTM International swell-test method, has been issued.
Made by the Link Spine Group in Hamburg, Germany, the SB Charite is a prosthesis system consisting of two endplates made of high-quality cobalt chromium alloy with an ultra-high molecular weight polyethylene sliding core placed between them.
Abstract In 1998, orthopaedic manufacturers started to introduce highly crosslinked ultra-high molecular weight polyethylene (UHMWPE) for total hip replacement bearings.
Ultra-high molecular weight polyethylene (UHMWPE) used in total hip and joint replacement has been found to contain free radicals.