Duddy, who died in 2007, had been a leading member of the UDA-aligned Ulster Political Research Group.
What does UPRG stand for?
UPRG stands for Ulster Political Research Group
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of UPRG
We have 4 other meanings of UPRG in our Acronym Attic
- Upper Potomac River Commission (est. 1935; Maryland)
- Urban Pollution Research Centre (Middlesex University; UK)
- Upper Parramatta River Catchment Trust
- Unfolded Protein Response Element
- Upon Receipt
- United Professional Real Estate Inspectors (Roseville, CA)
- Umbrella Partnership Real Estate Investment Trust
- University Placement and Recruitment for Educators Program
- Unité Propre de Recherche de l'Enseignement Supérieur Associé (French: Research Unit of the Higher Education Partner; Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique; France)
- Ungt Public Relations Forum (Denmark)
- Unit Personnel Record Group
- University of Puerto Rico in Humacao
- Union Pacific Resources Inc. (Fort Worth, TX)
- Union Professionnelle des Industries Privées du Gaz (French: Professional Union of Private Gas Industries; France)
- University of Puerto Rico-Mayagüez
- Unique Property Reference Number
- Unique Pupil Reference Number (UK)
- United Portmarnock Residents Opposing Another Runway (Ireland)
- Un-Erasable Programmable Read Only Memory (computer memory)
- Union pour le Progres National (Unity for National Progress, Burundi)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Frankie Gallagher of the UDA-linked Ulster Political Research Group rubbished reports the terror group had demanded the release of its prisoners and millions of pounds from the British Government for loyalist areas in exchange for its guns.
But Ulster Political Research Group spokesman John Montgomery said a decision by the Parades Commission to reverse an earlier determination on the parade helped the situation.
Mr McCoubrey also said the Ulster Political Research Group was willing to enter into talks with the Government about how it could help efforts to steer the UDA away from paramilitarism.
The Ulster Political Research Group, which represents the UDA, added: "This change can be seen in its physical format, with the removal of conflict associated imagery across the communities of Westland, Tigers Bay, Upper Ardoyne and Ballysillan.
Frankie Gallagher of the Ulster Political Research Group, which represents the political wing of the group, said: "The UDA told the local community to go to the police about this.