He has said he's been told he will need Tommy John surgery at some point to repair the torn ulnar collateral ligament in his throwing arm.
What does UCL stand for?
UCL stands for Ulnar Collateral Ligament
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of UCL
We have 101 other meanings of UCL in our Acronym Attic
- Universal Chemical Key (algorithm)
- Universal Correlation Key
- Uridine-Cytidine Kinases
- Ushtria Çlirimtare e Kosovës (Kosovo Liberation Army)
- Ushtria Clirimtare Kombetare (Albanian: National Liberation Army)
- Uridine-Cytidine Kinase 1
- Universal Church of the Kingdom
- Universal Church of the Kingdom of God
- U Can't Keep Up (sports apparel)
- UEFA Champions League
- Umal Consolidated Limited
- Uncomfortable Loudness Level
- Unfair Competition Law
- Union Centrista Liberal (Italian: Centrist Liberal Union)
- Union Communiste Libertaire (French: Libertarian Communist Union)
- Unión de Corresponsalía Local (Galician: Local Union Correspondent)
- Unit Candidate List
- Unit Configured Load
- United Clinical Laboratories (medical laboratory; Dubuque, IA)
- United Counties League (soccer)
Samples in periodicals archive:
DISCUSSION Gamekeeper's thumb is a common injury and is used to describe an acute or chronic injury of the ulnar collateral ligament of the first metacarpophalangeal joint.
Kreiner set the American record in May 2007 before suffering a torn ulnar collateral ligament, which required "Tommy John" surgery last July.
Since throwing a pitch is not a natural arm motion, over-pitching can result in a torn ulnar collateral ligament.
The England captain saw a hand specialist in Manchester yesterday, and was diagnosedwith a torn ulnar collateral ligament in his right thumb, ruling him out until early April.
Robinson saw a hand specialist in Manchester yesterday, and the diagnosis was a torn ulnar collateral ligament in his right thumb.