This improvement was possible mainly because of collaboration by the CDC Viral Special Pathogens Branch and the Uganda Virus Research Institute to establish a permanent high-containment laboratory that is capable of performing diagnostic testing for filoviruses and other causes of VHF in Uganda.
What does UVRI stand for?
UVRI stands for Uganda Virus Research Institute
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of UVRI
- Universidad Virtual de Quilmes (Quilmes Virtual University, Argentina)
- Urban Volume and Quality (water study method)
- Uganda Vocational Qualifications Framework (Promotion of Employment-Oriented Vocational and Technical Training program; Uganda)
- Ultraviolet Radiation
- Ultraviolet Radiometer
- Umsatzsteuer-und Verkehrssteuer Recht (German: Sales Tax and Transportation Tax Law; trade magazine)
- Under-Voltage Relay
- Unidad de Valor Real (Spanish)
- Unit Value Ratio (currency exchange)
- Utah Valley Radiology Associates (Provo, UT)
- Una Voce Rhode Island (Latin; Catholic association; Providence, RI)
- Utah Valley Regional Medical Center
- Universitas Virtualis Research Project (Reverse Code Engineering Community; website)
- Ultraviolet Resonance Raman (spectroscopy)
- Ultimate Valeting Services (UK)
- Ultraviolet Spectrometer (Galileo instrument)
- Ultraviolet-Sensitive (syndrome)
- Unabhängiger Verwaltungssenat (Austria)
- Undervalued Shares (investment blog and community)
- Universal Voice System
Samples in periodicals archive:
Preliminary testing carried out at the Uganda Virus Research Institute confirmed the preliminary results and said that a taskforce was meeting on Saturday to work out how to deal with any potential outbreak.
Laboratory-reared strain maintained in the Insectary Unit of the Entomology Department at the Uganda Virus Research Institute (UVRI), Entebbe, Uganda.
Benon Biryahwaho, Laboratory Coordinator at the Uganda Virus Research Institute.
The trial, which will take place in Kampala, Uganda, is funded by the European Commission and represents a collaboration between investigators at the Imperial College in London and the Medical Research Council (MRC) Clinical Trials Unit in London, the MRC Programme on AIDS in Uganda, Uganda Virus Research Institute, Entebbe, and St.
The WHO Regional Measles Laboratory at Uganda Virus Research Institute (UVRI) undertook the present study to isolate and characterize circulating measles strains in Uganda.
MVA being researched by IAVI, the University of Nairobi, the University of Oxford, the UK Medical Research Council and the Uganda Virus Research Institute.
The Rakai Project is a research collaboration project between the Mailman School of Public Health at Columbia University in New York, the Uganda Virus Research Institute in Entebbe, and the Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health in Baltimore.