The Uganda Red Cross Society (URCS) has mobilised an emergency health team of 100 volunteers to support the Ministry of Health and partners to combat the deadly Ebola hemorrhagic fever in Kibaale district.
What does URC stand for?
URC stands for Uganda Red Cross
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of URC
We have 121 other meanings of URC in our Acronym Attic
- Underground Rebel Bingo Club (UK)
- Upon this Rock Baptist Church
- Unione Romana Biblioteche Ecclesiastiche
- Universal Real-Time Behavior Interface (robotics)
- Uptake of Re-Engineering in Business
- Union Regional Bautista de Jovenes Jerusalen
- United Regional Basketball League (Philippines)
- Urinary Retinol-Binding Protein
- Underground Records Brasil
- Unione Romana Biblioteche Scientifiche
- Ultrasonic Resin Cleaner
- Un-Repeatered Cable
- Undergraduate Research Committee (various universities)
- Underway Replenishment Coordinator (US Navy)
- Uniform Resource Citation
- Uniformed Readiness Coordinator (US Marines)
- Unique Random Content (blog)
- Unit Repair Cost
- Unit Reserve Coordinator
- United Reformed Church (merging of Congregational and Presbyterian churchs in 1970s in the UK)
Samples in periodicals archive:
In addition, the Uganda Red Cross (URC) has reportedly been asked by the Ministry of Health to prepare for support to case tracking, social mobilization and community awareness, while a team of mobilized URC volunteers and staff are reportedly on standby ready for deployment as soon as the modalities for engagement have been confirmed.
The Uganda Red Cross is part of the National Emergency Taskforce that has been set up by the Ministry of Health to stop the disease from spreading more widely.
Villagers in the Bududa region have recovered 92 bodies so far but were unable to continue searching on Friday because of the rain, said Kevin Nabutuwa of the Uganda Red Cross.