Our position as UPC on electoral reforms is the one we had during the IPOD meeting," said Joseph Bbosa, the vice-president of Uganda People's Congress (UPC).
What does UPC stand for?
UPC stands for Uganda People's Congress
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of UPC
We have 198 other meanings of UPC in our Acronym Attic
- University Planning and Budget Group (California State University, Northridge)
- Ultrapurified Polymerized Bovine Haemoglobin
- United Pro Basketball League
- Union Planters Bank, National Association (Memphis, TN)
- Upstream Power Back-Off (DSL feature)
- Unselected Autologous Peripheral Blood Progenitor Cell Transplantation
- Unit Produksi Benih Sumber (Indonesian: Sources of Seed Production Unit)
- University of Porto Business School (Portugal)
- Urban Property Building Services (UK)
- Uttar Pradesh Bhumi Sudhar Nigam (land preservation project; India)
- Ultimate Parent Company
- Ultra Physical Contact (fiber connector)
- Ultra Polished Connector (fiber optic connector)
- Unciano Paramedical College (Manila, Philippines)
- Underpinning Contract
- Underutilized Plant Capacity
- Unified Patent Court (EU in 2014)
- Uniform Part Code
- Uniform Plumbing Code
- Uniform Practice Code (finance)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Distortions of history for propaganda purposes and the vilification of the late Milton Obote and his Uganda People's Congress (UPC) by Museveni and his government, do not take away the historical fact that Obote and the UPC governments he led contributed more to the economic and social development of Uganda than what Museveni has to show for his many years in power.
In general, Catholics voted for the Democratic Party; Protestants voted for Uganda People's Congress.
James Rwanyarare of the opposition Uganda People's Congress (UPC), chairman of presidential policy commission, said at a press conference Wednesday that the ICC officials arrived in Uganda last week.
In addition, Kiwanuka and his opposition Buganda-dominated DP gave Obote and his Uganda People's Congress (UPC) a rough time in parliament.
The region's political history, therefore, has it that when Obote's Uganda People's Congress (UPC) came into power after independence, the economy was starting to out-compete Kenya's--the settler economy that still had remnants of British settlers and farmers, who, after Kenya's independence, continued to occupy the country's fertile highlands.