It enhances the conjugation onto PML or PML-RAR [alpha] of the ubiquitin-like peptide SUMO ('small ubiquitin-like modifiers') - a process called 'SUMOylation'.
What does UBL stand for?
UBL stands for Ubiquitin-Like
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of UBL
We have 46 other meanings of UBL in our Acronym Attic
- Utah Board of Juvenile Justice
- Ukrayina Bez Kuchmy (2000-2001 Ukrainian protest)
- Unbleached Kraft (containerboard classification)
- United Bank of Kuwait, PLC (London, England, UK)
- United Bowhunters of Kentucky (Midway, KY)
- Universitas Bung Karno (Indonesian: Bung Karno University; Jakarta, Indonesia)
- Uganda Beekeepers Association
- Ulster Beekeepers' Association
- Universitätsbibliothek Karlsruhe
- Uttar Banga Krishi Viswavidyalaya (Hindi: North Bengal Agricultural University; India)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Eisenman of the Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center in Seattle report that genes are turned off when members of a family of ubiquitin-like proteins are added to the tails of histone H4.