The USFSPA allowed for the divisibility of military retired pay during a divorce action.
What does ULSG stand for?
ULSG stands for USFSPA (Uniformed Services Former Spouses' Protection Act) Litigation Support Group (San Antonio, TX)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of ULSG
We have 2 other meanings of ULSG in our Acronym Attic
- Urban League of San Diego County
- Urban League of San Diego County Young Professionals
- University of London School Examinations Board
- Ultra Low Sulfur Fuel (diesel fuel)
- Unconstrained Least-Squares Frame
- United Lebanese Solidarity Fund (Beirut, Lebanon)
- University Leaders for a Sustainable Future
- Ulysses S Grant National Historic Site (US National Park Service)
- Universal Life Secondary Guarantee (insurance)
- Upper Lateral Splay Graft
- Ultra Large Scale Integration
- Ultra Large-Scale Integration Density
- Universal Language Services Malta
- Ultra Low-Speed Networking (RFC 1217; Consortium for Slow Commotion Research; April 1, 1991)
- Unit Laser Safety Officer (US Air Force)
- University Laser Safety Officer (various locations)
- University of London Symphony Orchestra
- Ultimate Logging System Professional (Xanga)
- Ultra-Low Sulphur Petrol
- Unified Legal Services Program (National Education Association)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The divorce decree required Proctor at retirement to pay Holdman 25% of his naval retirement pay under the USFSPA.
17) The court stated that "[m]any jurisdictions have recognized that the USFSPA does not limit the equitable authority of a state court to grant relief" (18) when a member converts his military retired pay to disability pay.
To combat this misconception, trial counsel may inform the court of the transitional compensation for abused dependents and the USFSPA by asking the judge to take judicial notice of these provisions.