Summary: ABU DHABI - The Leading Edge 2013, a preplanned military exercise for the UAE Armed Forces, the US Central Command (CENTCOM) and the armed forces of other friendly and brotherly countries, has started this morning in the UAE.
What does CENTCOM stand for?
CENTCOM stands for US Central Command
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of CENTCOM
- Centre for Talent Attachment and Development
- Centre for Trade and Development in South Asia
- US Air Forces, US Central Command
- Central Army Group, Central Europe (NATO)
- Central European Army Group (NATO)
- Central America
- Code for Extended Nonlinear Transient Analysis of Extraterrestrial Reactors
- Cross-Domain Enterprise All-Source User Repository (NATO)
- Center for Enabling New Technologies Through Catalysis (Seattle, WA)
- Coalition Central Command
- Center for Nanotechnology (Germany)
- Center for Technology, Environment, and Development (Clark University; Worcester, MA)
- Consolidated Enterprise Network Test and Evaluation Range (USAF; San Antonio, Texas
- Continuing Education Network for Training, Enrichment and Renewal (Unitarian Universalist Ministers Association)
- Centre Scientifique et Technique de l'Industrie Textile Belge (French: Scientific and Technical Centre of the Belgian Textile Industry; Belgium)
- Centre for Nanotechnology and Smart Materials (Portugal)
- CENtro de Teoterapia Integral (Spanish: International Center for Integral Theotherapy)
- One Hundredth
- Centre for Tourism in Islands and Coastal Areas (University of Kent; UK)
- Cellule Nationale de Traitement des Informations Financières (French: National Financial Intelligence Processing Unit; various nations; also seen as CNTIF)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The Adams's yacht, The Quest, was hijacked near Oman last Friday and US Central Command said it had begun release negotiations.
Prime Minister Syed Yousuf Raza Gilani expressed these views during his meeting with US Central Command Chief General David Petraeus in the PM's House on Monday.
US Central Command says in a statement that a US soldier from a special operations unit was killed and two were injured by hostile fire in the east of the country early in the morning.