In 2001, UNMIK promulgated a constitutional framework that provided for the establishment of Provisional Institutions of Self-Government (PISG).
What does UCS stand for?
UCS stands for UNMIK (UN Interim Administration Mission in Kosovo) Customs Service
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of UCS
We have 194 other meanings of UCS in our Acronym Attic
- Universal Control System
- Universal Coordinate System
- Universal Multiple-Octet Coded Character Set
- Universidade de Caxias do Sul (Brazil)
- University Campus Suffolk (Ipswich, UK)
- University College School (London, England)
- University Computer Services
- University Computer System
- University Counselling Service (various locations)
- University of Connecticut, Storrs (Storrs, CT)
- Up Center Stage
- Upon Close Scrutiny
- Upper Cervical Spine
- User Coordinate System
- Utica Community Schools (Michigan)
- Utilities Control System (software)
- Unfair Cigarette Sales Act (various states)
- Unified Communications System Administration (Cisco course)
- Uniform Controlled Substances Act
- University College Student Association (University College Utrecht; Netherlands)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Bulgaria remains concerned with the increasing tension over the course of the last few days," Mladenov said, adding, "EULEX, which has assumed Rule of Law responsibilities from UNMIK since 2008, acts in accordance with its executive mandate and must help implement the agreement regarding customs stamps reached in the framework of the EU facilitated Dialogue.
It is clear that UNMIK must continue to shepherd the reconstruction process and monitor the situation closely to ensure that all communities respect existing arrangements to preserve stability and that effective communication is maintained at all times," Zannier said, according to the UN News Service.
Ilkin welcomed the cooperation between UNMIK and European Union's Kosovo Mission (EULEX), and asked both Serbia and Kosovo to cooperate with those two missions.
They live in Gnjilane and Serbia and will demand UNMIK [the UN mission in Kosovo] to bring them to justice as there is evidence against them," Dacic said.
When UNMIK and KFOR entered the scene, the security situation was dire: [There are] high profile killings and abductions, as well as looting, arsons and forced expropriation of apartments.
However, Provisional Institutions of Self-Government (PISG) and UNMIK officials have found no direct evidence of narcotics refining laboratories.