Last month, an atlas of some 5 million images from the celestial map known as the Two Micron All-Sky Survey (2MASS) became available online (http://www.
What does 2MASS stand for?
2MASS stands for Two Micron All-Sky Survey (astronomy)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Two Line Mean Element
- Two Line Mean Element Set
- Two-Level Organic
- Second Lieutenant
- Second Lieutenant Colonel (British Cavalry)
- 2moons (gaming)
- Mediterranean Market & Deli (Richmond, VA)
- Missing Person (police incident code)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The Two Micron All-Sky Survey (2MASS) used a telescope and Arizona and another in Chile.
In spite of the limitations of ground-based observations, the most thorough all-sky infrared survey to date has been the Two Micron All-Sky Survey (2MASS) that was conducted by the University of Massachusetts and the California Institute of Technology during 1997-2001.