for Macworld's "IT835: Token-Based, Two Factor Authentication on Mac OS X," presentation.
What does 2FA stand for?
2FA stands for Two Factor Authentication (security)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
- Two-Description Fixed-Rate Scalar Quantizer
- Second Edition
- To Escape To (UK)
- Two-Equations Two-Unknowns (linear equation solving method)
- 2-Ethyl Hexyl Acrylate
- Firearms Licensing (police incident code)
- Second Floor
- Too Funny
- 2 Fast 2 Furious (movie)
- Too Funny for Words
- 2 Fiber Bidirectional Line Switched Ring (NEC, Alcatel)
- 2 För En Yoghurt (band)
- Second Flight Nurse
- Two-Failure Tolerance
- Two Fiber Unidirectional Line Switched Ring (Sprint)
- Liquor Licensing/Vetting (police incident code)
- Second Generation (Wireless communication system)
- Second Generation Automatic Link Establishment (radio communications)
- Too Good To Be True (chat)
- Second Generation Comprehensive Helicopter Analysis System
Samples in periodicals archive:
Since it uses a two factor authentication method (something you have AND something you know), it will replace the standard user's log-in ID and password.
TraceSecurity's products and services include: Risk Assessments, Security Assessments, Two Factor Authentication solutions, Anti-Phishing Solutions, Penetration Testing, Application Testing, Social Engineering, Security Awareness training, and On-demand Vulnerability and Compliance Assessment software.
The PassMark System provides strong two factor authentication through the use of a Device ID and various machine and network analysis and identifies the bank's web site back to the consumer with a "PassMark" -- a secret image-plus-text known only to the bank and the consumer.