And the ratification of the Twentieth Amendment confirms that there was no general change in attitude about the role of state legislatures even though the CLA had been pending for nine years at that point.
What does 20A stand for?
20A stands for Twentieth Amendment
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Resource Created by Request (HTTP status code)
- 2010 Biodiversity Indicators Partnership (also seen as BIP or 2010BIP)
- 2010 Biodiversity Indicators Partnership (also seen as 2010 BIP or BIP)
- Request Accepted (HTTP status code; uncompleted request for processing)
- Non-Authoritative Information (HTTP status code)
- No Consent (HTTP status code)
- Reset Consent (HTTP status code)
- Partial Consent (HTTP status code; indicates partial download)
- Multi-Status Message Body (HTTP status code; indicates XML file with different response codes)
- 20 Questions (game)
- Larceny from Business/Shoplifting (Alabama Public Safety Radio Code)
- 21st Century Land Warrior (US military)
- CA Police Code for Armed Robbery
- Twenty First Amendment
- 21st Century Art
- 21st Century Citizen (British Library)
- 21st Century Community Learning Center
- 21st Century Land Warrior
- 21st Century Land Warrior (Top Level Demonstration)
Samples in periodicals archive:
[FN228] Section 2 of the Twentieth Amendment superseded Article 1, Section 4, Clause 2 of the original Constitution by providing that the annual assembly of Congress shall begin at noon on the third day in January unless it appoints a different day by law.
The first relates to conditions produced by the Twentieth Amendment itself.
Designed to allow the federal courts to rule on the constitutionality of state laws in advance of a criminal prosecution, it will become the twentieth amendment to the Constitution if it is ratified.
Ackerman concedes that legislative acts by a lame duck Congress are constitutionally valid; the framers of the Twentieth Amendment may have expected that by shortening the period between elections and the start of a new Congress they had eliminated lame duck sessions of Congress, but the text of the Twentieth Amendment plainly does not accomplish this result.
If Madison's approach to amending the constitution had prevailed, the provisions of the Twentieth Amendment would have been placed in Article I, section 4, replacing the second paragraph of that article which required Congress to assemble (typically some thirteen months after they were elected(110) on the first Monday in December.
Under the Twentieth Amendment to the Constitution, "[t]he terms of the President and Vice President shall end at noon on the 20th day of January.