At a more strategic level, his entire experience in the European theater during the war, first as commander of Twelfth Air Force and then of Eighth Air Force, provides an excellent examination of the pitfalls, friction, and politics of joint and coalition operations, as well as the burdens of expectation assumed by commanders.
What does 12AF stand for?
12AF stands for Twelfth Air Force (USAF)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Eleventh Amendment
- Short Arm of Chromosome 11
- 11th Wolverines Reactionary (gaming clan)
- Burglary of Vending Machine (Birmingham, AL Radio Code)
- Twelve-Tone Equal Temperament (musical tuning system)
- Kidnapping (police radio code)
- Abduction (police radio code)
- 128-Ary Amplitude and Phase Shift Keying
- Twelfth Amendment
- 12 Centimeter Multimedia Corporation (Mountain View, California)
- 12-Hour Clock (as opposed to 24H)
- Duodecimo (book paper size)
- 12 Months of the Year
- 12 Outstanding Airmen of the Year
- 12e Régiment Blindé du Canada (Canadian forces armoured regiment)
- Prowler (Birmingham, AL Radio Code)
- Aggravated Robbery Weapon (police radio code)
- Aggravated Robbery Manual (police radio code)
- Robbery (police radio code)
Samples in periodicals archive:
6) The 31st Fighter Group was reassigned from the VIII Fighter Command of the Eighth Air Force to the Twelfth Air Force on September 14, 1942, and by the end of the month, it was assigned to the XII Fighter Command.
Joining others in Osprey's 'Combat Aircraft' series is Jonathan Bernstein's P-47 THUNDERBOLT UNITS OF THE TWELFTH AIR FORCE (9781849086721, $22.
CONGRATULATIONS TO THE FOLLOWING FY08 ACC ANNUAL WINNERS: COMMANDER'S AWARD FOR SAFETY Twelfth Air Force Davis-Monthan AFB, Ariz.
It is a story of unrelenting belief in an ideal and dedication to international relationship-building that has developed beyond any of the original parties' imaginations into a vibrant, powerful engagement tool for Twelfth Air Force (12 AF), Headquarters US Air Force (USAF), US Southern Command (SOUTHCOM), and the Department of Defense (DOD).
General Welch became the twelfth Air Force Chief of Staff in July 1986, after serving as the commander in chief of the Strategic Air Command, and director of the Joint Strategic Target Planning Staff.