Another special highlight of the day was a greatly enjoyed demonstration of the finer points - and brute strength - of their sport by members of the Midland Area Tug of War Association.
What does TOWA stand for?
TOWA stands for Tug of War Association (est. 1958; England, UK)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of TOWA
- Treaty of Waitangi
- Tube Launched, Optically Tracked, Wire Command Link
- Tube-launched Optically-tracked Wire-guided missile
- Tug of War
- Types of Writing
- Tube-Launched, Optically Tracked, Wire-Guided, Fire and Forget
- Texas Onsite Wastewater Association (est. 1992)
- Texas Outdoor Writers Association
- The Open Way Adoptions
- Townsend's Warbler (bird species Dendroica townsendi)
- Tactical Oceanography Wide Area Network
- Town of Wrightsville Beach (North Carolina)
- Top of the World Classic (Alaska; basketball tournament)
- Tunable Optical Wavelength Converter
- Tube-Launched, Optically Tracked Wire-Guided missile Cover, Artillery Protection
- Tourism Offices Worldwide Directory
- Theatre of Work Enabling Relationships
- Think Organize Write Edit Revise (writing process)
- Test of Workplace Essential Skills (Bow Valley College; Calgary, Alberta, Canada)
- Technical Order Working Group
Samples in periodicals archive:
Alan Knott, of the Tug of War Association, said: "It is reported that the Liverpool Police 'were wearing enormous shoes, so heavy in fact that it was only with great effort that they could lift their feet from the ground'
Shamsul Haq, DIG Rescue 1122, notable of the area Ismail Khan, Secretary FATA Olympic Association Shahid Khan Shinwari, Sub-Registrar Abbottabad Liaqat Ali Khan Jadoon, Secretary Tug of War Association, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, President Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Cycling Association Syed Azhar Ali Shah, Secretary Nisar Ahmad, technical officials and players were also present in the presentation ceremony.
Alan Knott, spokesman for organiser the Tug of War Association, said Sheen's success was partly due to it having a large squad of 18.
The Tug of War Association is holding the event at the Sandwell Council-run Harry Mitchell Centre in Broomfield, Smethwick, on Saturday, December 6, from 11am to 5.
Tipton-based disco group Dance Magic will make their Sandwell Show debut, while the Midlands Area Tug of War Association will stage their regional championships for the second year running.