The Indian tsunami early warning system was recognized as the Regional Tsunami Service Provider for the Indian Ocean region in October 2012.
What does TEWS stand for?
TEWS stands for Tsunami Early Warning System
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of TEWS
We have 5 other meanings of TEWS in our Acronym Attic
- Theater Enterprise-Wide Logistics System (Army and Joint Class VIII ERP)
- The Edith Wharton Murders (Lev Raphael book)
- Transportable Electronic Warfare Module (US Navy)
- Thermoplastic Insulated Equipment Wire Nylon Jacketed Wire (CSA)
- The East West Overseas Aid Foundation (Australia)
- Towarzystwo Edukacyjne Wiedza Powszechna (Polish: Educational Association of Common Knowledge)
- Teso Women Peace Activists (Uganda)
- Tactical Effectiveness of Weapons Systems
- Tactical Electronic Warfare Squadron
- Tactical Electronic Warfare System
- Technical Electronic Warfare Support Measures
- The Earth Will Swallow You (movie)
- Tactical Exercise Without Troops (aka Training Exercise Without Troops)
- Tactical Exercise Without Troops
- Tatical Electronic Warfare Training Squadron
- Teachers and Educational Workers Union (Ghana)
- Titan Energy Worldwide, Inc.
- Their Eyes Were Watching God (Zora Neale Hurston book and a 2005 movie)
- Telluride, CO, USA - Telluride Municipal Airport (Airport Code)
- Texas (old style state abbreviation)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Indonesia: Indonesia s tsunami early warning system, widely praised during this week s Indian Ocean-wide alert, has been compromised by thieves and vandals in the country s waters, officials said Saturday.
Natural Hazard Mitigation and the Tsunami Early Warning System Tsunamis are one example of a lengthy list of natural hazards confronting humankind.
A seismic monitoring station will be established in Barbados at Gun Hill, St George, as part of a wider tsunami early warning system to be established across the region, reports Caribbean Net News (July 11, 2006).
She said: "He had since won an award and had his picture in the paper for inventing a tsunami early warning system.