Bacteria don't really have the means to get four miles above the ground on their own, so it's thought that they arrive in the troposphere on the back of winds and air masses that also carry sea salt and dust into the sky.
What does TROPO stand for?
TROPO stands for Troposphere (US DoD)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of TROPO
We have 1 other meaning of TROPO in our Acronym Attic
- Tropical Analysis Facsimile Network (US FEMA)
- Fertility Management in the Tropical Andean Mountains: Agroecological Basis for a Sustainable Fallow Agriculture (project)
- Trial Ocean Prediction Experiment
- Transformative Reductions in Operational Energy Consumption
- Tropical Experiment
- Trials Register of Promoting Health Interventions (Institute of Education; London, England, UK)
- Trial of Preventing Hypertension (medical study)
- Traffic Optimisation by the Integration of Information and Control (EC)
- Transparent Object-oriented Parallel Information Computing System
- Tropical River-Ocean Processes in Coastal Settings (Australian Institute of Marine Science)
- Tropospheric Scatter Radio
- Tweed Richmond Organic Producers Organisation (est. 1989; Australia)
- Troposcatter Radio Terminal
- Tropospheric Ozone Campaign
- Total Rate of Return (investment calculation)
- Treasury Report on Receivables (US Treasury Dept)
- Two Rivers-Ottauquechee Regional Commission (Woodstock, VT)
- Total Rate of Return Swap
- Tape Resident Operating System
- Televisie Radio Omroep Stichting (broadcasting company in the Netherlands)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The tropopause region is characterized by frequent air mass exchange between the upper troposphere (UT) and lower stratosphere (LS).
The tropopause layer between the troposphere and stratosphere, 8 miles to 11 miles above earth's surface, is the point where water vapor, ozone and other gases enter the stratosphere.
Some specific topics include swarm intelligence for the solution of problems in differential equations, modeling of nitrite adsorption on granular activated carbon using artificial neural networks, and a mathematical model of troposphere water vapor tomography.
Sundogs are caused by sunlight passing through flat, six-sided ice crystals high in the troposphere.
The first earth science mission will consist of six long-duration missions over the Pacific and Arctic regions this year to collect atmospheric data in the upper troposphere and lower stratosphere.