3) Troponin biochemistry Cardiac troponins consist of three proteins known as cTnC, cTnI and cTnT based on their function: C for calcium-binding, I for inhibition of actin-myosin interactions, and T for tropomyosin binding to facilitate contraction.
What does TPM stand for?
TPM stands for Tropomyosin
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of TPM
We have 200 other meanings of TPM in our Acronym Attic
- Transmission Planning Model (Sprint)
- Transparent Project Management (various businesses)
- Transparent Prolog Machine
- Transplant Procurement Management (various locations)
- Transport Policy Model
- Transportation Planning & Management
- Transportation Protective Measure(s)
- Tree Parity Machine (computer security)
- Tri-Partite Meeting
- Triumph Prophetic Ministries
- Trust Property Management
- Trusted Platform Module
- Tujuan Pembangunan Milenium (Indonesian: Millennium Development Goals; United Nations' objectives)
- Turning Point Ministries
- Twists Per Minute
- Two Procedures Modem (ITU-T)
- Two-Phase Modeling
- Two-Potential Model
- Tylenol PM
- Total Particulate Matter-Threshold Limit Value
Samples in periodicals archive:
Troponin T binds tropomyosin, forming the troponin-tropomyosin complex.
AME1 and AME2 showed the characteristic polypeptide bands of MHC, PM, actin, tropomyosin, and myosin light chains.
Also, if we think of actin as bacon wraps, the actin would be the hot dog, the bacon wrapped around it is the tropomyosin, and the troponin is the toothpick.
Regenerating adult chicken skeletal muscle and satellite cell cultures express embryonic patterns of myosin and tropomyosin isoforms.
The panel on dietetic products, nutrition and allergies has investigated the issue as regards molluscs, concluding that the muscle protein tropomyosin was a key allergen, especially as it is heat-resistant and "not reliably reduced by food processing".