This is an intelligent packet-processing chip that implements AES, Triple DES, integrated public key crypto-graphy, and compression.
What does TDU stand for?
TDU stands for Triple DES (Data Encryption Standard) Unit
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of TDU
We have 50 other meanings of TDU in our Acronym Attic
- Tool Deployment Unit
- Tooling Deployment Unit
- Topology Database Update
- Tour Down Under (Australian cycle race)
- Towed Drone Unit (US DoD)
- Training Device Upgrade
- Trajectory Display Unit
- Transmission and Distribution Utility
- Transmission Data Unit
- Trash Disposal Unit
- Tube Distribution Unit
- Thunder Down Under Alliance (gaming forum)
- Turning Development Upside Down (Peter Burgess book)
- Till Death Us do Part
- Tecnologias de Último Grito (technology blog)
- Tool Developer Users Group
- Toronto Delphi User Group (Canada)
- Tanda Daftar Usaha Perdagangan (Indonesian: Trade Business Registration Certificate)
- Technical Data Usage Program
- Trustee Deferred Unit Plan (stock option plan)
Samples in periodicals archive:
It offers an extensive set of security options, which includes RC4, DES, triple DES, AES, & RSA that prevents spoofing and eavesdropping to ensure the integrity of the messaging system.
The number of products worldwide that implemented the NIST Data Encryption Standard (DES), including Triple DES, grew rapidly from 1999 through June 2001, but leveled off by December 2001.
DES and a variant called Triple DES are used widely in the private sector as well, especially in the financial services industry.