On 10 July 1976, an explosion at a trichlorophenol manufacturing plant near Seveso, Italy, resulted in the highest TCDD levels known in human residential populations (Mocarelli et al.
What does TCP stand for?
TCP stands for Trichlorophenol (antiseptic)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of TCP
We have 485 other meanings of TCP in our Acronym Attic
- Transmission Control Protocol (with Internet Protocol [IP], the main protocol of the Internet)
- Transport Control Protocol
- Transportation Charter Permit
- Transportation Control Plan
- Tratado de Comercio de los Pueblos (Spanish)
- Treaty Commission Process (Canada)
- Tri-Cities Paranormal (Kingsport, TN)
- Trial Color Proof (philatelic color test stamp)
- Tribal Consultation Policy (US DHHS)
- Tricalcium Phosphate (calcium salt)
- Trichlorophenylmethyliodosalicyl (proprietary germicide)
- Tricresyl Phosphate (plasticizer and lubricant)
- Trident Control Program (Trident submarines)
- Triple Crown Productions (horse racing)
- Tripulante Cabina de Pasajeros (Spanish: Passenger Cabin Crew; aviation)
- Tripycrylbenzene (very high temperature explosive)
- Trivalent Chromium Pretreatment
- Tropical Canine Pancytopenia
- Tropospheric Chemistry Program
Samples in periodicals archive:
2001; Novotny et al 2001, 2003; Hatvani and Mecs 2003 Benzopyrenes (PAHs) Incinerators Qiu and McFarland 1991 Chlorinated aromatic Transformers, lighting Gadd 2001 compounds: fixtures, paper pentachlorophenol products, chlorine (PCP), trichlorophenol bleaching, paints and (TCP), polychlorinated coatings biphenyls (PCBs) dioxins, chlorobenzenes Copper/chromium Treated wood Humar et al.
While current regulations list allowable discharge levels of pentachlorophenol and trichlorophenol, the advance copy of the proposed rule simply notes that the EPA is "reserving" standards for toxic pollutants.
In July 1976, a trichlorophenol plant explosion near Seveso, Italy, resulted in dioxin contamination of the surrounding area.
In this study, we assessed the association between human dioxin exposure in utero and during breast-feeding and adverse human adult male reproductive outcomes, as measured in men whose mothers were exposed to dioxin as a result of the trichlorophenol plant explosion near Seveso, Italy, in July 1976 (Mocarelli et al.
Young rationalizes in this book that the omission of maximum dioxin contaminant levels from the military specifications for herbicide quality occurred because not enough was known and measurement was difficult; but two decades ago his edited volume stated that "the manufacturers of trichlorophenol and of 2,4,5-T had been aware for many years that this class of compounds and particularly their impurities produced a toxic reaction in humans .
As part of the National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH) cohort, employees of two factories exposed to TCDD during trichlorophenol production for an average period of 2.