In the Trial of Preventing Hypertension (TROPHY), my colleagues and I were able to demonstrate that it is feasible to interrupt the progression from prehypertension to stage 1 hypertension in humans.
What does TROPHY stand for?
TROPHY stands for Trial of Preventing Hypertension (medical study)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Tax Refund Offset Program (IRS)
- Transmit Operate
- Trough (Low Pressure) Passage (meteorological)
- Tropical Analysis Facsimile Network (US FEMA)
- Fertility Management in the Tropical Andean Mountains: Agroecological Basis for a Sustainable Fallow Agriculture (project)
- Trial Ocean Prediction Experiment
- Transformative Reductions in Operational Energy Consumption
- Tropical Experiment
- Trials Register of Promoting Health Interventions (Institute of Education; London, England, UK)
- Traffic Optimisation by the Integration of Information and Control (EC)
- Transparent Object-oriented Parallel Information Computing System
- Tropical River-Ocean Processes in Coastal Settings (Australian Institute of Marine Science)
- Troposphere (US DoD)
- Tropospheric Scatter Radio
- Tweed Richmond Organic Producers Organisation (est. 1989; Australia)
- Troposcatter Radio Terminal
- Tropospheric Ozone Campaign
- Total Rate of Return (investment calculation)
- Treasury Report on Receivables (US Treasury Dept)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Stage 1 hypertension might be reclassified in the future as systolic blood pressure of 135-139 mm Hg or diastolic pressure of 85-89 mm Hg, on the basis of results reported in April from the Trial of Preventing Hypertension, which documented the benefit of initiating treatment in patients with prehypertension.
The Trial of Preventing Hypertension (TROPHY) showed that treatment of high-risk but normotensive patients could keep them from going into the hypertension range (Am.