In the 2011 Trends in International Mathematics and Science Study, or TIMSS, the average scores of the Japanese fourth-graders stood at 585 points in arithmetic, up 17 points from the 2007 survey, and 559 points in science, up 11 points.
What does TIMSS stand for?
TIMSS stands for Trends in International Mathematics and Science Study (National Center for Education Statistics)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of TIMSS
We have 1 other meaning of TIMSS in our Acronym Attic
- Traveler Information Management System (North Carolina Department of Transportation)
- Treaty Information Management System
- Tuberculosis Information Management System
- Thermal Insulation Manufacturers & Suppliers Association (UK)
- Travel Industry Management Student Association (University of Hawaii)
- The Information Management Systems Generic Principles Trainer
- Temporary International Mobile Station Identifier
- Temporary International Mobile Subscriber Identity (UK)
- Travel Industry Management Student Organization (Hawaii Pacific University; Honolulu, HI)
- Third International Math and Science Study (now Trends in International Mathematics and Science Study)
- Third International Mathematics and Science Study - Repeat
- Transatlantic Internet/Multimedia Seminar Southeastern Europe (Balkans e-learning)
- There Is More Than One Way to do It
- There Is More Than One Way To Do It
- There Is More Than One Way to do This
- Timucuan Ecological and Historic Preserve (US National Park Service)
- Technologie in Medizin Und Gesundheitswesen (German: Technology in Medicine and Healthcare Association; Bonn, Germany)
- Turkish International Model United Nations
- Transportation, Inventory, Movement, Waiting, Overproduction, Over-Processing, Defects (production mneumonic)
- This Inquiring Mind Wants to Know
Samples in periodicals archive:
The latest Trends in International Mathematics and Science Study (Timms) and Progress in International Reading Literacy Study (Pirls) compares standards in the three subjects around the world.
The findings were revealed in Progress in International Reading Literacy Study an international comparison study of reading achievement at ages 9-10 and Trends in International Mathematics and Science Study - a parallel study of mathematics and science.
The National Center for Education Statistics recently released results from its 1999 video study of eigth-grade science lessons, Trends in International Mathematics and Science Study.
Introduction The 2003 Trends in International Mathematics and Science Study (TIMSS) is the third comparison of mathematics and science achievement carried out since 1995 by the International Association for the Evaluation of Educational Achievement (IEA), an international organization of national research institutions and governmental research agencies.
In 1995, on the Trends in International Mathematics and Science Study (TIMSS), U.
Utilizing trends in International Mathematics and Science Study (TIMSS), provides insight into cross-national similarities and differences, and augments the existing literature.