[ILLUSTRATION OMITTED] FASIT The FASIT standard is based on the use of modern computer networks and standard IP-based (Internet protocol) communications, specifically the transport control protocol (TCP).
What does TCP stand for?
TCP stands for Transport Control Protocol
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
- Military and Government
See other definitions of TCP
We have 483 other meanings of TCP in our Acronym Attic
- Training Control Program
- Trajectory Change Point (air traffic management)
- Trans-Caspian Pipeline (submarine pipeline between Turkmenistan and Azerbaijan)
- Transactional Content Processing (software)
- Transcutaneous Pacing
- TRANSEC Control Processor
- Transformation Campaign Plan
- Transformer Coupled Plasma
- Transmission by Carrier Pigeon
- Transmission Control Protocol (with Internet Protocol [IP], the main protocol of the Internet)
- Transportation Charter Permit
- Transportation Control Plan
- Tratado de Comercio de los Pueblos (Spanish)
- Treaty Commission Process (Canada)
- Tri-Cities Paranormal (Kingsport, TN)
- Trial Color Proof (philatelic color test stamp)
- Tribal Consultation Policy (US DHHS)
- Tricalcium Phosphate (calcium salt)
- Trichlorophenol (antiseptic)
- Trichlorophenylmethyliodosalicyl (proprietary germicide)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Time is necessary to physically communicate from one location to another, which can be exacerbated by "chatty" communication protocols, such as the transport control protocol (TCP).
The iSCSI protocol maps the SCSI remote procedure invocation model on top of the Internet's Transport Control Protocol (TCP) to produce a transport mechanism for storage over Ethernet.
In addition to the reliable transport control protocols, several efforts are underway by vendors, the Internet community, and IETF working groups to develop protocols that will allow for guaranteed reliability of IP multicast transmissions, utilizing QoS methods such as RSVP, the resource reservation setup protocol.