The civil suit filed by federal prosecutors in Rio de Janeiro state also seeks to suspend the companies from operating in Brazil, the prosecutors office said in a statement on its website, a move that could halt operatio--ns of the 10 Transocean offshore drilling rigs operating in the country.
What does RIG stand for?
RIG stands for Transocean Offshore (stock symbol)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of RIG
We have 65 other meanings of RIG in our Acronym Attic
- Recognition Identification Group (US DoD)
- Reduction in Grade
- Regionally Important Geological/Geomorphological Sites (UK)
- Remote IP Gateway
- Requirements Integration Group
- Residential Investment Group
- Reuse Interoperability Group
- Rijksinstituut voor Grondmechanica (Dutch: National Institute of Soil Mechanics; Belgium)
- Risk-Based Inspection Guide
- Rosettanet Implementation Guideline
- Retinoic Acid-Inducible Gene I (protein)
- Rate Integrating Gyro Assembly (avionics)
- Recombinant IgA Monoclonal Antibodies
- Reforms in Government Audit (Bangladesh)
- Research Institute of Genome-Based Biofactory (Japan)
- Rio Itapicuru Greenstone Belt (geographical/geological area; Bahia, Brazil)
- Royal Institution of Great Britain (UK organisation for scientific research and communication)
- Rhode Island Government Benefits Cases (law case database)
- Rhode Island Gender Community
- Research Institute for Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology (Scientific and Technological Research Council of Turkey)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Acquisition of Adriatic XI Jack-Up Rig The Company's 50% owned subsidiary Kenai Offshore Ventures, LLC ("KOV") previously executed a binding Purchase Agreement with Transocean Offshore Resources Limited ("Transocean") a subsidiary of Switzerland-based Transocean Limited, to acquire the GSF Adriatic XI offshore jack-up rig ("Rig").