[ILLUSTRATION OMITTED] Now, the Transnational Institute for Grassroots Research and Action (TIGRA) has organized immigrant groups from around the world for a campaign to pressure Western Union to take the lead in changing the money transfer industry.
What does TIGRA stand for?
TIGRA stands for Transnational Institute for Grassroots Research and Action (Oakland, CA)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of TIGRA
We have 1 other meaning of TIGRA in our Acronym Attic
- Taiwan International Graduate Program
- Thermal Insulated Glass Products (Australia)
- Tactical Ground Reporting
- The Institute for Genomic Research
- Thermally Induced Gallium Removal
- This Is Getting Ridiculous
- Treasury Investment Growth Receipt
- TSPI Interface for GPS/RAJPO
- The Independent Glass Recyclers Association (UK)
- Thermostimulated Inert Gas Release Analysis
- Texas Internet Grid for Research and Education
- Threaded Interpretive Graph Reduction Engine (computer science)
- Tracking and Imaging Gamma Ray Experiment (physics)
- Tactical Guidance Research and Evaluation System
- TRIUMF-ISAC (Tri-University Meson Facility Isotope Separator and Accelerator) Gamma-Ray Escape-Suppressed Spectrometer (University of British Columbia; Canada)
- Topologically Integrated Geographic and Resource Information System
- The Independent Game Rating System
- Teen Institute of the Garden State (NJ teen leadership organization)
- Teens in the Garden State (New Jersey)
- The Illawarra Grammar School (Mangerton, New South Wales, Australia)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Francis Calpotura is the founder and director of the Transnational Institute for Grassroots Research and Action.
After spending many years at the Center for Third World Organizing, in 2004 he founded the Transnational Institute for Grassroots Research and Action (TIGRA) and has been conducting research on the remittance industry, hoping to encourage and link up local organizing campaigns.