The licensing agreement will enable Atmel to embed the high performance analog functionality of National's Single Port Gigabit Ethernet PHY Core with its Ethernet MACs, network processors and transmission control protocol/Internet protocol (TCP/IP) offload engines for a new line of products.
What does TCP/IP stand for?
TCP/IP stands for Transmission Control Protocol/Internet Protocol
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
We have 1 other meaning of TCP/IP in our Acronym Attic
- Tubing Conveyed Perforation (oil)
- Tuition Credit Program (various schools)
- Tumor Control Probability
- Turbine Control Panel
- Turnover and Completion Package (various companies)
- Turtle Conservation Project
- Two Candidate Preferred (Australian voting system)
- Two Compartment Pod (B-58 Hustler)
- Transmission Control Protocol - Internet Protocol
- Transmission Control Protocol - Virtual
- Transmission Control Protocol/Internet Protocol - File Transfer Protocol
- Transmission Control Protocol/Service Access Protocol
- Transmission Control Protocol/User Datagram Protocol
- Trypanosoma Cruzi Ribosomal P0
- T-Complex Polypeptide 1
- Total Compensation Package 1 (Los Alamos National Laboratory; Los Alamos, NM)
- Telephone Consumer Protection Act of 1991
- Tennessee College Placement Association
- Termination Customer Provided Access
- Texas Competitive Power Advocates (trade association)
Samples in periodicals archive:
TCP/IP -- Transmission Control Protocol/Internet protocol (first used by the Department of Defense in 1983).
The diode array detector is said to allow fast, reliable and secure transmission of chromatographic and spectral information over standard networking systems by employing industry standard transmission control protocol/internet protocol (TCP/IP).
The ColdFire board support package is comprised of several software elements, including the uCLinux tool chain and kernel with basic Ethernet and serial communication drivers, full Transmission Control Protocol/Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) stack, USB Host/OTG and LCD frame-buffer drivers and the Nano-X open source tool.
First and most important, iSCSI utilizes the Transmission Control Protocol/Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) for transporting iSCSI packets between network connections and utilizes SCSI as the storage protocol.
Texas Instruments Incorporated (NYSE: TXN) (TI) has unveiled a Transmission Control Protocol/Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) stack, which can reduce the cost of network connection by more than 50 percent for manufacturers of digital signal processing-based Internet appliances.
The protocol in use on the Internet is Transmission Control Protocol/Internet Protocol (TCP/IP).