Dogs infected with a contagious cancer called canine transmissible venereal tumor keep the nonfatal cancer in check partly by making interferon gamma.
What does TVT stand for?
TVT stands for Transmissible Venereal Tumor (veterinary medicine)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of TVT
We have 47 other meanings of TVT in our Acronym Attic
- Terran Versus Terran (Starcraft game)
- The Valley Trust
- The Vegas Tourist (podcast)
- Thermal Vacuum Testing
- Time Varying Threshold
- Tomorrow's Voices Today (teen video programming)
- Toulon Var Technologies (France)
- Traffic Volume Trends
- Trans Vaginal Taping
- Transactions on Vehicular Technology (IEEE)
- True Vertical Thickness (oil and gas)
- True Vital Trauma (gaming)
- Technical and Vocational Training Assistance Act (Canada)
- Tellico Village Townhouse Association (Tennessee)
- Thames Valley Trail Association (London, Ontario, Canada)
- Threat and Vulnerability, Testing and Assessment
- Toorak Village Traders Association (Australia)
- True Vision Tanzania
- Twenty Valley Tourism Association (Jordan, Ontario, Canada)
- Teton Valley Trails and Pathways (Driggs, ID)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Penile neoplasia especially transmissible venereal tumor (TVT) may also result in penile protrusion but this usually resolves after chemotherapy.
Canine transmissible venereal tumor (CTVT) appears most often in stray dogs.