The Transition from Prison to Community Initiative implemented eight years ago has resulted in effective and active relationships.
What does TPCI stand for?
TPCI stands for Transition from Prison to Community (US DOJ; National Institute of Corrections)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of TPCI
We have 12 other meanings of TPCI in our Acronym Attic
- The Prince Charles Hospital (Australia)
- Todd Phillips Children's Home (Detroit, MI)
- Torque Pitch Controlled Hub (wind energy)
- Toxics in Packaging Clearinghouse (est. 1992; Brattleboro, VT)
- Tucson-Pima County Historical Commission (Arizona)
- Tacoma-Pierce County Health Department (Washington)
- Anciens Enfants de Troupe, Pupilles, Cadets, et Interforces de l'Armée (Belgian Royal Military Academy)
- The Pokémon Company International (New York, NY)
- TIOBE (The Importance of Being Earnest) Programming Community Index (TIOBE Software BV)
- Tire Pressure Check Interval
- Transportable Cesium Irradiator
- Texas Property & Casualty Insurance Guaranty Association
- Tropical Pacific Climate Information & Prediction System
- Tacoma Pierce County Junior Soccer Association (Washington state)
- Technological Pedagogical Content Knowledge
- Tosylamido-2-Phenylethyl Chloromethyl Ketone
- Tosylsulfonyl Phenylalanyl Chloromethyl Ketone
- Tata Power Company, Ltd. (India)
- TEC Printer Command Language (Toshiba)
- The Power Company Limited (New Zealand)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Department of Justice's three-phased reentry approach developed as part of its Serious and Violent Offender Reentry Initiative (SVORI) and the seven decision points identified by the National Institute of Corrections in its Transition from Prison to Community Initiative.
there have been many swings in the philosophy of how prisons were operated, how ex-offenders were supervised in the community, and how programs were offered and services were provided to aid in the transition from prison to community living.
The model applies exclusively to the unique issues facing jails at the community level and reflects the lessons that NIC learned through its earlier development of the Transition from Prison to Community Initiative.
Focusing on inmate transition from prison to community provides corrections the opportunity to contribute positively to public safety.
The Michigan Prisoner ReEntry Initiative is an innovative and modern offender reentry model that uses evidence-based practices derived from the National Institute of Corrections Transition from Prison to Community Initiative program.
GRIP is supported by the National Institute of Corrections through the Transition from Prison to Community Initiative (TPCI); the U.