The Department of Defense Transition Assistance Program is undergoing some significant changes to help military members make the move to the civilian work force, start a business or pursue higher education.
What does TAP stand for?
TAP stands for Transition Assistance Program
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of TAP
We have 822 other meanings of TAP in our Acronym Attic
- Trans Adriatic Pipeline (natural gas; various locations)
- Trans Anadolu Ham Petrol Boru Hatti Projesi (Turkish: Trans-Anatolian Crude Oil Pipeline Project)
- Transactions on Antennas and Propagation (IEEE)
- Transboundary Air Pollution
- Transesophageal Atrial Pacing
- Transfer Advantage Program (various schools)
- Transfer-Appropriate Processing (memory processing)
- Transferred Account Procedure (GSM)
- Transient Acoustic Processor
- Transit Access Pass (Los Angeles, CA)
- Transition Aviation Project
- Transmission Adaptive Pressure (General Motors)
- Transmitter Antenna Polarization
- Transport and Air Pollution (symposium)
- Transportadora Aérea Portuguesa (Portuguese flight operator)
- Transportation Action Plan (various locations)
- Transportes Aéreos Portugueses (Air Portugal)
- Transversus Abdominis Plane (anatomical landmark for anaesthetic technique)
- Travel Agency Proficiency (test)
- Travel Agent Portal
Samples in periodicals archive:
Today President Obama announced the launch of the redesigned Transition Assistance Program developed by an interagency team from the Departments of Defense, Veterans Affairs, Labor, Education, and Homeland Security as well as the Office of Personnel and Management and the Small Business Administration.
The Army Career and Alumni Program, born from the Department of Defense's Transition Assistance Program in the 1990s, was established to help Soldiers coming back from war file for unemployment and find civilian jobs, Dr.
Eligible military community members include: veterans, service-disabled veterans, active-duty service members eligible for the military's Transition Assistance Program, reservists and National Guard members' current spouses of any of the above, and the widowed spouse of a service member or veteran who died during service or of a service-connected disability.
Eligible military community members include: * Veterans * Service-disabled veterans * Active-duty service members eligible for the military's Transition Assistance Program * Reservists and National Guard members * Current spouses of any of the above * The widowed spouse of a service member or veteran who died during service or of a service-connected disability Patriot Express loan proceeds can be used for most business purposes, including: * Start up costs * Equipment purchases * Business-occupied real-estate purchases * Inventory * Infusing working capital * Managing your business * Expansion * Preparing your business for the possibility of your deployment * Setting up to sell goods and services to the government * Recovery from declared disasters.
The Patriot Express Loan is a streamlined loan product with an enhanced guaranty and interest rate that is available to military community members including veterans, service-disabled veterans, active-duty service members participating in the military's Transition Assistance Program, Reservists and National Guard members, current spouses of any of the above, and the widowed spouse of a service member or veteran who died during service, or of a service-connected disability.
Categories: February 24, 2010, Accountability, Beneficiaries, Claims, Claims processing, Claims settlement, Data collection, Data integrity, Disability benefits, DOD Transition Assistance Program, Interagency relations, Medical examinations, Military benefits claims, Military compensation, Military discharges, Military personnel, Performance measures, Persons with disabilities, Policy evaluation, Program evaluation, Program management, Quick Start, VA/DOD Benefits Delivery at Discharge Program, Veterans benefits, Veterans disability compensation