Incorporating that material boosts transistor speeds above what's possible with ordinary semiconductors such as silicon.
What does XSTR stand for?
XSTR stands for Transistor
This definition appears frequently
- Xilinx Synthesis Technology
- Xilinx Synthesis Tool
- Xpert Solutions Technologiques (Lévis, Québec, Canada)
- X-Band Satellite Tracking Antenna
- XML System for Textual and Archaeological Research
- X-Band Stripline Tunnel Diode
- X-Band Stripline Tunnel Diode Amplifier
- XML Structure Task Force
- eXtensible Style Sheet Language Transformations
- eXtended Satellite Transport Protocol
Samples in periodicals archive:
This multi-gate transistor implementation is highly compatible with current manufacturing techniques, which improves our ability to put this technology into high-volume production.
That bests a Japanese team's 562 GHz transistor that had been in the top slot.
The team used these nanotube transistors to make the circuit revealed today.
IBM expects the new transistor will drive communications chips to speeds of 100GHz within two years -- five times faster and four years sooner than recently-announced competitive approaches.