Incorporating that material boosts transistor speeds above what's possible with ordinary semiconductors such as silicon.
What does Q stand for?
Q stands for Transistor
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of Q
- Qwest Communications International Inc. (stock abbreviation, AMEX)
- Ranger-Lark Division (US Navy)
- Second Heartbeat Wave
- Set of Rational Numbers (math)
- Squall (weather reports)
- Stinson Aircraft Corporation (US Navy)
- Stream flow or discharge (geologic term)
Samples in periodicals archive:
This multi-gate transistor implementation is highly compatible with current manufacturing techniques, which improves our ability to put this technology into high-volume production.
That bests a Japanese team's 562 GHz transistor that had been in the top slot.
The team used these nanotube transistors to make the circuit revealed today.
IBM expects the new transistor will drive communications chips to speeds of 100GHz within two years -- five times faster and four years sooner than recently-announced competitive approaches.