UNCLASSIFIED// This second message, (221323Z JUL 11, SUBJ/MISHAP REPORTING RESPONSIBILITIES FOR PERSONNEL ASSIGNED TO /MEDHOLD OR TPU//) is a message that specifies who is responsible for reporting injuries for personnel assigned to a medical hold unit (MEDHOLD) or to a transient personnel unit (TPU).
What does TPU stand for?
TPU stands for Transient Personnel Unit
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of TPU
We have 66 other meanings of TPU in our Acronym Attic
- Thermoplastic Polyurethane
- Thermoplastic Urethane
- Time Processing Unit
- Timer Power Unit (explosive devices)
- Tomsk Polytechnic University (Russia)
- Toroidal Power Unit (electrical power device)
- Torpedo Propulsion Upgrade
- Total Propagated Uncertainty
- Trailer Parts Unlimited (Huntsville, TX)
- Trained, Needs Practice, Untrained (US Army)
- Transparency Profile Unit (color management scanning terminology)
- Transportation & Public Utilities
- Transportation Plan Update
- Troop Program Unit
- Turbo Pascal Unit (file extension; Borland)
- Turbov Processing Unit (motherboards)
- Turret Processor Unit (Bradley Fighting Vehicle A3)
- Taxable Paid-Up Capital (Canada)
- Telephone Plant Under Construction
- Trinity Public Utilities District (California)
Samples in periodicals archive:
At one point I asked a young Sailor why he ended up on limited duty and was being assigned to the transient personnel unit.
Transient Personnel Unit (TPU) Norfolk has achieved impressive retention goals, recently earning the Commander in Chief, U.