Edwards Lifesciences Corporation, Gaithersburg, MD, announced an FDA Advisory Panel unanimously voted in favor of recommending approval of the Edward's SAPIEN transcatheter heart valve via transfemoral and transapical delivery for the treatment of high-risk patients with severe, symptomatic aortic stenosis.
What does THV stand for?
THV stands for Transcatheter Heart Valve (cardiology)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of THV
We have 21 other meanings of THV in our Acronym Attic
- The Human Roles In Space
- Turkish-Hellenic Union Solutions
- Thyroid Hormone Uptake Test
- Time-Hopping Ultra-Wide Band
- Taille-Hüft Verhältnis (German: Waist-Hip Ratio)
- Terminal Hepatic Vein
- The Hackers Voice (UK)
- through-hole via (electronics)
- Total Hand Value (quality measure of fabrics)
- Total Hazard Value
- Trial Home Visit (child services)
- True Home Value (home improvement supplies; Louisville, KY)
- Tennis en Hockeyvereniging Barendrecht (Dutch: Tennis and Hockey Association Barendrecht)
- Thomson-Hood Veterans Center (WIlmore, Kentucky)
- Total Harmonic Voltage Distortion
- Total Hepatic Vascular Exclusion
- Thousand Hills Venture Fund
- Twain Harte Vacation Rentals (California)
- Timmins High and Vocational School (Canada)
- Tar Heel Wire (independent University of North Carolina news)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The example of a minimally invasive transcatheter heart valve for the treatment of inoperable aortic stenosis illustrates the implications of excessive delay on the well-being of ill patients.
Fortunately for Tipton, researchers were conducting a clinical trial to investigate the potential of a less invasive way to repair damaged valves, employing an investigational device called the Edwards Sapien transcatheter heart valve.
The Sapien transcatheter heart valve (THV) is manufactured by Edwards Life-science in Irvine, Calif.
Edwards Lifesciences Corporation, Gaithersburg, MD, announced a FDA Advisory Panel has voted to recommend approval of the company's Sapien transcatheter heart valve for the treatment of certain inoperable patients.