If media reports are accurate, the WTO panel is correct in concluding that those requirements clearly violate current WTO rules relating to trade in goods and to trade-related investment measures.
What does TRIMS stand for?
TRIMS stands for Trade-Related Investment Measures
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of TRIMS
We have 1 other meaning of TRIMS in our Acronym Attic
- Truth in Millage (Florida)
- Traffic Response and Incident Management Assisting the River Cities (Kentucky)
- Tri-Service Medical Information System
- Transmit/Receive Integrated Microwave Module
- Total Refinement and Integration of Maintenance Management Systems
- Three-Dimensional Modules Packaging
- Targets and Ranges Information Management System (US Navy/Atlantic Fleet Ranges)
- Technical Risk Identification and Mitigation System
- Tennessee Road Information Management System
- Time-Resolved Ion Momentum Spectrometry (chemistry)
- Trinity River Information Management System (Texas)
- NYSE Short Term Trading Index
- Translating and Interpreting (various schools)
- Toyota Research Institute, North America (Ann Arbor, MI)
- [not an acronym] refers to a number (originally 3, now 7) of US federal programs to increase access to higher education for economically disadvantaged students
- Technical Research for Information Operations (bd Systems)
- Telecommunications Research Institute of Ontario
- The Reason Is Obvious (hair salon; Chicago, IL)
- TIPHON Remote InterOp
- Tracking Radar Input Output System (USN ETR)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Trade-Related Investment Measures in Bilateral Investment Treaties and the GATT: Moving Toward a Multilateral Investment Treaty, 55 U.
The Trade-Related Investment Measures (TRIMS) agreement, which prohibits countries from imposing local content requirements that obligate foreign investors to use a certain percentage of domestically produced inputs, must be amended so that countries will have the freedom to enact policies needed to strengthen local industries.
The EU also complained the system runs counter to WTO accords on trade-related investment measures, subsidies and services.
Agreement on Trade-related Investment Measures (TRIMs) The TRIMs agreement prohibits a number of conditions which governments often impose on foreign investments to encourage investment in accordance with national priorities.
See the problems, for example, with regard to the Agreement on Trade-Related Investment Measures or the Agreement on Subsidies and Countervailing Measures.
It may not be easy for a country like Pakistan to follow the Korean development path because the economic environment after the establishment of the World Trade Organisation (WTO) is so different, especially due to the agreements on trade-related investment measures (TRIMS), trade-related intellectual property rights (TRIPS) and Services, and the protectionist policies in the developed countries 3that will hamper an export-oriented strategy.