Of these, the Toyota Product Development System (TPDS) is arguably the most mature of the Lean product development approaches.
What does TPDS stand for?
TPDS stands for Toyota Product Development System
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of TPDS
We have 12 other meanings of TPDS in our Acronym Attic
- Touhou Puppet Dance Performance (gaming)
- Transdermal Prophylactic Delivery Patch
- Technical Publication Deficiency Report
- Talk Pretty, Don't Suck (Emerson Forensics)
- Tape Playback Discriminator System
- Targeted Public Distribution System
- The Philadelphia Department Store (Philadelphia, PA)
- The Philip Defranco Show (online series)
- Theater Postal Directory Services
- Transactions on Parallel and Distributed Systems (IEEE journal)
- Treasury Procurement Data System
- Target Practice Discarding Sabot Tracer (ammunition)
- Two-Point Delta-Sigma Modulation
- Tonic, Predominant, Dominant, Tonic (music theory)
- Triple Pole, Double Throw Switch
- Terminal Power Distribution Unit
- Transcranial Pulsed Doppler Ultrasound
- Transport Protocol Data Unit
- Tropical Parasitic Diseases Unit (Northwick Park Institute for Medical Research; UK)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Through examples and case studies, The Toyota Product Development System illustrates proven techniques and practices for dealing with the challenges associated with product development, such as synchronizing multiple disciplines, multiple-function workload leveling, compound process variation, effective technology integration, and knowledge management.
Under the Toyota Product Development System (TPDS), extremely close collaboration between R & D and manufacturing is the norm.