If local campaigners have land registered as a town or village green under the Commons Act 2006 the implication is that nothing can be built on the land without the permission of the Government.
What does TVG stand for?
TVG stands for Town or Village Green (UK)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of TVG
We have 41 other meanings of TVG in our Acronym Attic
- Television Games Network
- Temperature-Voltage Gradient
- The Valen Group (Cincinnati, OH)
- The Vandiver Group
- The Varangian Guard (gaming clan)
- Thermal Vision Goggles (gaming)
- Tierversuchsgegner (German: Antivivisection)
- Timboon Veterinary Group (Australia)
- Time-Variable Gain
- Toronto Venture Group
- Transcend Vold Gonio (medical equipment)
- Trent Valley Geoarchaeology (UK)
- Tri Valley Growers
- Tumble Valve Generator (automotive)
- TV Guide (magazine)
- Tennessee Valley Gamers Association
- Top-extended VGA
- Trent Valley Gliding Club (England, UK)
- TV Guide Channel (now TV Guide Network; cable TV network)
- Television Guide
Samples in periodicals archive:
A legally qualified independent chairperson who has experience in town and village green applications would be appointed to hear the inquiry and submit a report on their findings together with a recommendation as to whether to register the whole or any part of the land comprised in the application as a town or village green.
There is a need to protect land which has been used legitimately as town or village green over the years but there is also a need to balance this against the private rights of individuals.