Laboratory testing revealed a total triiodothyronine ([T.
What does TT3 stand for?
TT3 stands for Total Triiodothyronine (hormone research)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of TT3
We have 2 other meanings of TT3 in our Acronym Attic
- Testing Technology for Communication Network for Manufacturing Applications - Phase II
- Truncated Tetrahedron Dielectric Resonator Antenna
- Tunable Transmitter, Fixed-Tuned Receiver
- Table Top-Ground Power Test Set
- Time-Triggered Real Time Object
- Tunable Transmitter, Tunable Receiver
- Test Time / Total Development Time Ratio
- Token-Tray/Weighted Queuing Time
- Tyrosinaemia Type 1
- Total Therapy 3
Samples in periodicals archive:
Thyrotropin (thyroid-stimulating hormone or TSH), free thyroxine, and total triiodothyronine were assessed at weeks 0, 4, and 6.
They found a clinically significant bias in total triiodothyronine (T3) results in samples collected in SST tubes.
BDEs 47, 99, and 100 were significantly and positively associated with free and total thyroxine levels, and with total triiodothyronine levels above the normal range.
 The tests covered by this group are total thyroxine (TT4), total triiodothyronine (TT3), free thyroxine (FT4), free triiodothyronine (FT3), and thyroid-stimulating hormone (TSH).
Phthalate metabolites were inversely associated with serum levels of free and total triiodothyronine, especially in girls, whereas metabolites of di(2-ethylhexyl) phthalate and diisononyl phthalate were inversely associated with IGF-I in boys.
Despite the well-known clinical rationale for measuring free rather than total thyroid hormone, limitations in current methods for the former necessitate retaining the measurements of total thyroxine (TT4)  and total triiodothyronine (TT3) in the clinical laboratory (1, 2).