5 million hours in 2012, and the company's Total Recordable Incident Rate (TRIR) came in at 1.
What does TRIR stand for?
TRIR stands for Total Recordable Incident Rate (workplace safety indicator)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of TRIR
We have 1 other meaning of TRIR in our Acronym Attic
- Tera-op Reliable Intelligently Adaptive Processing System
- The Research Informed Practice Site (resource)
- Trade-Related Aspects of Intellectual Property Rights
- TRansport Improvement Planning System
- Transportation Resources Intra-County for Physically Handicapped and Senior Citizens
- Travel Reporting and Information Processing System
- Travel Reporting/Information/Planning System
- Positive Parenting Program
- Time-Resolved Infrared Radiometry (physics)
- Time-Resolved Infrared Spectroscopy
- Total Recordable Injury Rate
- Toxic Relief Inventory Reports
- Terrorism Risk Insurance Revision and Extension Act (U.S.)
- Trident Refit Facility
- Touring Ride In Rural Indiana
- Pilatus Britten-Norman BN-2A Mk III Trislander (aircraft; UK)
- Telephone Routing Interactive System
- Toxic Chemical Release Inventory System (US EPA; also seen as TCRIS)
- Traffic and Road Information System (Canada)
- Training Records Information System
Samples in periodicals archive:
Our total recordable incident rate was well ahead of the industry average, as we continue to strive for a zero-incident workplace.
A construction workforce of more than 19,000 comprising of around 50 nationalities has contributed in achieving world-class safety performance and industry leading results, including a total recordable incident rate of 0.
As a case in point, a major oil and gas company now has a policy that they will not work with contractors who have a Total Recordable Incident Rate above 3.
The comprehensive report provides a compilation of key health and safety performance indicators, including Total Recordable Incident Rates (TRIR), Days Away, Restricted or Transferred Rate (DART) and Fatality Rate information.
Year-over-year improvements in health and safety (social) performance included double digit reductions in total recordable incident rate and lost time incident rates to world-class levels of 1.
6, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- CITGO Petroleum Corporation saw a significant improvement in its refining safety performance in 2011 with both its total recordable incident rate (TRIR) and days away, restricted, or transferred (DART) rate falling to about half of what they were the previous year.
Social Sustainability * Ball improved its safety record by reducing the company's total recordable incident rate by 27 percent, achieving far lower levels than industry peers as reported by the U.