Furthermore, a synergic effect between statins and resveratrol was observed in hypercholesterolemic rats, leading to a significative reduction in total plasma cholesterol, triglycerides, and LDL.
What does T-C stand for?
T-C stands for Total Plasma Cholesterol
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of T-C
We have 135 other meanings of T-C in our Acronym Attic
- Transmit Beamforming
- Tape Ball Grid Array
- Transportable Blackhawk Operations Simulator (US DoD)
- Telephone Buy
- Temperature-Composition-Mesomorph (biophysics)
- thalamocortical relay cells
- Ticarcillin-Clavulanic Acid (pharmacology)
- tortoiseshell or calico
- Transportation - Capability Assessment Net
- Tribal Capability Assessment for Readiness
- Tompkins Consolidated Area Transit (Ithaca, NY)
- Transportable CATT System
- Transparent Common Channel Signaling
- Telemaintenance - Collaborative Communications Technology
- Trimethyl Cyclohexenonic Long Chain Fatty Alcohol
- T Cell Colony Forming Cell
- T-Lymphocyte Colony Forming Cell (microbiology)
- T Lymphocyte Colony Forming Unit
Samples in periodicals archive:
Very low total plasma cholesterol concentrations result from disorders of apoB-containing lipoproteins as these account for the bulk of plasma cholesterol.
The risk of cardiovascular disease (CVD)  can be estimated in part on the basis of the total plasma cholesterol and triglyceride (TG) concentrations (1).
Graft occlusion was assessed 1 year after CABG in 77 patients who had preoperative total plasma cholesterol levels of 240 mg/dL or more and in 46 who had normal preoperative cholesterol levels, Of those with high cholesterol, 37 took simvastatin for 1 month before the procedure and 40 served as controls.
The only significant difference observed between groups was the lower level of total plasma cholesterol in the androstenedione group.
Total plasma cholesterol (TC), triglycerides (TG), high-density lipoprotein cholesterol (HDL), and low-density lipoprotein cholesterol (LDL) are the components of a full lipid screening test.