The total lymphocyte count may be used to screen for severe combined immunodeficiency.
What does TLC stand for?
TLC stands for Total Lymphocyte Count
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of TLC
We have 729 other meanings of TLC in our Acronym Attic
- Total Leisure Concepts (New Zealand)
- Total Leucocyte Count
- Total Lifestyle Change (various locations)
- Total Lines of Code
- Total Logistic Control
- Total Logistics Corporation (Minneapolis, MN)
- Total Longterm Care (Denver, CO)
- Total Loss of Capacity (SDH or Sonet Technology)
- Total Lung Capacity
- Total Luxury Care (Acura)
- Totally Lost and Confused
- Tough Logging Conditions (oil industry)
- Tough Luck Charlie
- Tough Luck Chump (Internet slang)
- Tourism Leadership Council (trade organization)
- Tourisme Loisirs Culture (French: Tourism Leisure Culture)
- Touro Law Center
- Toxic Links Coalition
- Toyota Land Cruiser
- Toys for Local Children (charity)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Delayed wound healing and surgical site infection after orthopaedic surgery have been correlated with different patient biochemical and immunological parameters indicative of poor nutrition, such as low serum albumin, transferin and zinc levels, and total lymphocyte count.
[dagger]) CD45 lymphocyte count was designated the total lymphocyte count.
In two clinical studies, an increase in mean total lymphocyte count in the peripheral blood was observed after i.
5% of the total lymphocyte count, the proportion of CD4 cells also was significantly lower in patients with lymph node metastases than in those with no metastases, where CD4 count averaged 32.
A second study, conducted at rural hospitals in Cameroon and sponsored by the French AIDS research agency ANRS, compared clinical monitoring alone with laboratory monitoring using CD4 counts and viral load in patients with WHO stage 3 or 4 symptomatic HIV disease, or patients with WHO stage 2 disease who had total lymphocyte counts below 1 200.
2], mid-arm circumference < 23 cm, triceps skinfold thickness < 8 mm, haemoglobin < 11 g/dl, total lymphocyte count < 2400/[micro]1, and serum albumin < 3.